Wednesday, February 22, 2012

First LMC Musing

In May I will have been professed in the Missionary of Charity charism for 25 years.  I began my formation in the MC charism with the Missionary of Charity Contemplatives in Washington, DC back in 1983 as a Carrier of God's Love.  My first vows were in May of 1987, probably on May 23rd.  A few years later we were asked to transfer to the Lay Missionaries of Charity.  This was sort of painful to some of us as we were just about to make final vows.  So most of us transferred.  Then we continued on and just before we were eligible to make final vows as LMCs it changed to annual renewals.  More pain ... but obedience.

Currently I am the only LMC (Lay Missionary of Charity) in the Yakima Diocese.  This means that to a large extent I have to take care of my own ongoing formation with guidance from the Statutes and Way of Life of the Lay Missionaries of Charity and other materials.

So one of the things I will be blogging about is ongoing formation.

I was also a Link for many of those years and was ready to answer questions when asked.  If I didn't know the answer I looked it up.  I created some Tools and when I figure how to upload them I will. 

Blessings, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment